"Play is the highest form of research."
– Albert Einstein
2 Year Old Room
Tuesday/Thursday or Monday/Wednesday options available
9:30am Drop Off
Story & Craft
2 YEAR OLD ROOM:
The school year begins with a gentle transition from homelife. One of our goals is to help each child feel safe and comfortable being with someone outside of their family, possibly for the first time. As a child becomes more comfortable in the environment we work on group play, taking turns, personal space, and expressing feelings. When you enter the classroom, you will find an active fun-filled environment where curiosity is evident and ongoing. Our teachers have outlined a daily routine in which theme-based learning is being done. New ideas and concepts are being presented in fun and playful ways where children become engaged while learning at the same time. Goals for your child at this stage will be to build on their developmental skills.
We accept students on a rolling basis when they turn two years old throughout the year.
Social and Emotional Development
- Separates from parents
- Accepts school routine
- Plays/works well with others
- Selects free-choice activity without teacher
- Participates in group activities: music and circle time
- Follows simple directions
Cognitive/ Language Development
- Knows name when called
- Sings ABC’s
- Communicates with teacher
- Names common objects
- Shows interest in stories, fingerplays, and songs
- Shows/names: hair, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands, feet, shoulders
- Identifies colors
- Explores and counts numbers 1-5
- Knows age
- Identifies simple shapes: circle, square, rectangle, triangle, heart, star
Physical Development Fine Motor
- Enjoys and follows along with finger plays
- Pounds, rolls, squeezes play dough
- Colors with crayons and begins to explore writing utensils.
- Explores scissors